1 head cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Chop cauliflower into medium to large pieces.
- Place in glass or metal roasting pan, or cookie sheet.
- Pour olive oil liberally over the cauliflower and sprinkle with salt.
- Stir cauliflower after 25 minutes. If it seems dry, add more olive oil.
- Roast in oven for 45 minutes to an hour, until cauliflower is tender when pierced with a fork.
Variation: Add crushed herbs to the cauliflower, such as rosemary, thyme, or tarragon.
Note: Roasted cauliflower packs very well in a thermos for lunch. It is one of the only cooked vegetables Juliana likes in her lunch. Green beans and broccoli she finds too mushy when packed.