1 head of cauliflower
4 cloves of garlic, peeled
Chicken or vegetable broth
Butter, 2 Tablespoons
Salt to taste
- Chop up cauliflower in medium chunks and place in a large skillet.
- Add a cup of broth and the garlic cloves. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cook, covered, until the cauliflower is tender when pierced with a fork.
- Process the cauliflower, garlic, and broth in a food processor with the butter and salt. If the mixture is too dry to process, add more broth.
- If you like a chunky texture, leave it chunky, or process until smooth for a dish many people will think is mashed potatoes.
Variation: Steam the cauliflower with broth or water, and add ¼ cup of heavy cream to the food processor. The cream makes it taste even more like mashed potatoes. I have served both versions to people who hate cauliflower, and they ate it all up.