10 eggs, or a combination of egg whites and eggs (if you have egg whites leftover from making ice cream: 2 egg whites equals one whole egg)
1/2 pound unsweetened sausage, such as pork-garlic, or turkey-italian
2 cups cooked broccoli florets, chopped small
1/2 cup cheddar or other cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 10-inch round baking dish with olive oil spray.
2. Cook sausage in a heavy bottomed skillet (such as cast-iron) and remove.
3. Place broccoli florets in the same pan in which you cooked the sausage, add a little water, cover and steam the broccoli until tender but not mushy.
4. Whip the eggs with salt and pepper. Add the sausage, broccoli, and cheese.
5. Pour into baking dish and bake for 30 minutes, until cooked through–no jiggling in the middle of the quiche.
Variation: Add any combination of vegetables that appeals to you. Cooked vegetables that work well include cauliflower, onions, spinach, kale, chard, or mushrooms. Raw tomatoes are also delicious. You can also substitute any other type of sausage and most cheeses (not a super-soft cheese like ricotta).