1 pound beef chateaubriand, sirloin, or scallopini, cut into equal strips about 1/2 inch wide
1 head of broccoli, chopped into small florets
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
Wheat-free tamari (soy sauce) or salt, to taste
1. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. When skillet is hot, add olive oil. Saute beef until almost cooked through and remove.
2. In the same skillet, add chopped broccoli florets. Saute briefly, then add a few tablespoons of water and cover tightly. Steam until crisp tender (you may need to add more water, but you want the pan to be nearly dry when the broccoli is done).
3. Add back the beef and saute another minute until beef is cooked through. Remove from heat.
4. Pour on toasted sesame oil and mix. Add a small amount of tamari to taste, start with a 1/4 teaspoon. If your child does not like tamari (Juliana doesn’t), add a dash of salt .
5. Serve immediately with mashed cauliflower.